30 Dec 2014

My Year In Photos

What a year its been! 2014 has brought with it so many great memories, and even greater oppourtunities. I've grown this blog so much this year, and have loved every minute of it. I'd like to take a moment to personally thank you, my readers, for being such downright legends. You're incredible. I'm so looking forward to bringing you fresh content in 2015! 

But before the year ends for good, I thought I'd share my life to you in little rectangles. I've been taking a photo every day this year, and recording them in a journal. While it was tedious at times, its super fun to look back on my year and smile. I've seriously limited myself on photos in order to avoid boring you to death - so here's 20 moments from 2014.

The first few days of 2014 were spent at my Nationals sailing regatta in country QLD, where we had a rather unusual house guest. 
After months and months of mood boards and an endless stream of decoration ideas, I finally repainted my room! It's been so refreshing to change up my space, and I'm so glad I did it.
In March I was lucky enough to do the Urban Challenge camp through my school. It's an Amazing Race sort of camp, with all sorts of activities and challenges. It was exhausting in the most brilliant of ways.
Over Easter we took a sneaky trip to QLD to soak up the sunshine and visit family.
I tried the infamous N2 Gelato while in the city at a conference. The ice cream itself was very rich and quite expensive. Despite the ice cream, the shop itself is awesome. The science-y theme is very unique, and is well carried out in everything from the menu to the staff uniforms.
I picked up my very first issue of Yen Magazine this year, and haven't missed one since. Yen is written with such a flare, and each page is overflowing with something new and exciting. I'll be happy to part with my money for a Yen mag for years to come!
For those of you that don't know, Vivid is a festival of light and art that is held in Sydney each year. It features projections, films, sculptures and all sorts of other wondrous things. My Dad and I have made a bit of a tradition of going in and photographing it each year. This year we were invited to visit the Canon HQ and had a great time trying out the Canon gear. 
My friends and I made ourselves at home in a new cafe that had just opened locally. It doesn't matter how old you are, Nothing beats milkshakes in bear shaped glasses!
In July we explored Melbourne before my cousin Sydney's wedding. Melbourne was utterly freezing, but the wedding was beautiful!
One of my best friends moved in around the corner from me. Cue sunset dog walking, and sneaky meet ups for hot chips!
I had another fun year at sailing with my little sailing family, and I'm even learning how to make the boat move forward now! Jksss. 
I've just realised this is my second ice cream photo. I'm trying to decide whether to be ashamed. Nah, you can never have too much ice cream. This was taken at Messina, which has become infamous around Australia for darn good ice cream. And I have to say - it is pretty good!
Being the keen market shopper that I am, I visited Surry Hills markets and found some real treasures. The majority of the stalls are run by Surry Hills hipsters, selling their old stuff. There were a truckload of vintage and very unique finds. After the markets I walked around the block and gleefully discovered an American Apparel. I spent a solid 45 minutes inside swooning over all of the overpriced amazingness that is AA.
Clueless turned 20 this year! I decided to brighten up a sick day by watching this classic, and it really did make me feel better. The stereotyped characters were hilarious to watch, but Mean Girls is still better. #sorrynotsorry
Taylor Swift brought us a new album of bubblegum pop beats. While it is different, Swift could never disappoint. It feels like I've had this baby playing non-stop since the day it came out.  
I found myself in the Grand Theatre for the first time ever, seeing Mockingjay Part 1. If there's ever a time for choc-tops - it's now. 
We went to a fluro party, and I learnt how to roller blade. Well... I kinda learnt how to roller blade. I'm becoming quite skilled at being dragged around by people more co-ordinated than me ;)
This fabulous bunch threw me a fabulous surprise party. It was such a sweet thing for them to do, and I had the best time. Ily guys xo
I dyed my hair!! After an eternity deciding on the colour, I had it dyed red. I went through phases of loving it, then really hating it. It's washed out a little now, to more of an auburn/orange and I can say I'm liking the change. 
We went and saw Katy Perry! It was the most incredible show. 20 days later I'm still on the concert high, playing the Prism album over and over again.


There you have it, my entire year. Check back tomorrow for more on 365 Day Journaling! I'm super keen to share this one with you :)




No comments:

Post a Comment