11 Feb 2014

Hooked on Loom

This Tuesday I'm bringing to you the latest craze for what? like 10 year old girls? Their called Loom Bracelets. My cousin, no longer a 10 year old girl, (she turned 11 today, happy birthday Laura!!) made me one of these, and I thought it was pretty cool so I wore it ALL the time. You need this little kit to make them, which I don't have so I thought I couldn't make any more. I thought wrong. Reccently, a friend of mine saw the one I was wearing and showed me how to make them on 2 pens! You'll need the little elastics and an S hook. Oh, and the 2 pens. 
Here's how to:



Loop your first elastic around your pens, like a figure 8.


 Add another 2 elastics over the first one. Don't 'figure 8' these ones as you did with the first.



Hook up each side of the elastic, looking it into the space between the pens, as below.


Now, add another elastic on top, and repeat. There should always be three elastics on the pen.


Keep repeating and you will see this pattern form. When you have a wrist/ankle length bracelet, your ready to finish.


Loop over all of the elastics, and stretch the final one as below.



Add the hook to one end, then hook it onto the other end.




It should look a little something like that. I did a quick one, so it was small. Loom Ring? That's so not a thing.. anyway.. Here's some other ones I've made :)

For more cool ideas, check out the Loom Love website here!

Sorry about the serious lack of outfit posts, I'm trying to do different things. Shoot me an email and tell me what you think. Anyways, I had one planned for this week, and ended up having a bit of a crazy weekend, but never fear, there's one coming! I'm going to Ikea this weekend, totally re-doing my room!

Hope you enjoyed this,
Savannah
P.S. Follow my Instagram account please! @zolablog 

No comments:

Post a Comment