18 Mar 2014

Gift in a Jar


This Tuesday, I'm sharing with you my love of gift giving, with the latest and greatest, gift in a jar. I saw these on Tumblr a few weeks ago, and decided I just had to make one!! I've seen a whole range of jars, filled with beautifully smelling things, heartwarming notes, quotes and jokes, and wonderfully scrumptious treats.
Also, lets address the random picture of my bed on the right there. I've been redoing my room over the past little while, and we built my Ikea bed!! I thought I'd keep the tumblr-ness up and shoot this on my new white sheets :) :) :)


First, your going to need a jar (duh). I just got this one from the local supermarket, their not hard to find.  Have fun beautify-ing your jar, I used washi tape (one of the best things ever invented). You could also try ribbon, glitter, magazine pages ?

Now.. what to put in your jar:

I decided a lip gloss was an easy place to start, you could try nail polish, hair ties or bobby pins, because no one ever has enough of those, right?

Gift cards!! There's something about picking out exactly what you want, so much fun!


Chocolate. No caption required. All I'm going to say is that Easter is in 2 weeks. Chocolate for breakfast here I come :)
 Stationary!! A super fun gift idea, that is surprisingly useful.
 Photos! There's something really nice about reminiscing with photos, give some old time snaps away to your friends. (If you saw my Oh Snap! post, this is how my cheat polaroids turned out when I printed them. I haven't got the size perfect yet..)
The final step is to arrange it all in your jar. This is a really simple gift wrapping idea, but it is super fun and the finished product looks really great. That is all from me, have a great week, and get gift giving! Remember - the blessing is in the giving, not the receiving.
Savannah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment