21 Jun 2014

RUBY MAY HAS A NEW EP


I think it is fair to say Wednesday night was an exciting one. I had my last meeting with my shortfilm club, which turned out to be an unexpectedly sentimental parting with odd editing software and over creative individuals. Then - I came home not only to State of Origin spam on every piece of social media I have, but also awesome shots from RUBY MAY'S EP LAUNCH.

The reason it is called an EP is because when I heard it I was like eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppp. Wow. That. Was. The. Lamest. Joke. Ever. But seriously the EP is called Wanderer, and its fab.

This little lady is this whole fusion of good vibes. She's totally indie, and perfect for those do nothing winter afternoons ahead. All of the tracks are just so free, and expressive. Listening to the lyrics now, this EP is a beautifully honest one, about life, love, and finding direction. If your into Florence and the Machine, or Missy Higgins, you have to get your hands (well, cursor...) on this EP!

Wanderer features five original tracks, written and recorded by Ruby May and her awesome band! The track titles are Start, Wanderer, Already, Places, and Up. I'm in love with this entire album at the moment, so its a pretty hard call, but I think my favourite track is Wanderer. Its got a rad drum snare thing going on. I'm also liking the cool piano chord thing in the chorus.  (Obviously, I have the musical description abilities of Motzart and the iTunes reviewers combined.)

There's a preview of Wanderer below, which you can play over and over again as I have this week! The entire EP is available for download on the Ruby May website, for only $10. Or you can buy the songs individually for just $2 each. Score!

I'm going to be embeding this album into my sidebar shortly, if you'd like to do the same, and have Ruby May on your blog, the code is available on her website. I hope you guys love this as much as I do, let me know what you think by tweeting me, or directing me on Instagram @zolablog. Also, you can follow Ruby May on Instagram @rubymaymusic




No comments:

Post a Comment