21 Oct 2014

How To Ace Your Final Exams


OH MY GOSH MY FINAL EXAMS START ON MONDAY AND I AM FREAKING OUT!
Raise your hand if this sounds familiar. Well, before you turn to coffee, late night cramming and hardcore procrastination - take a deep breath and read this post.

1. Make a study schedule
Before you get stuck into your exam prep, make a study schedule. Make a note of what you need to learn for each of your subjects, and how much time you need for each subject. Think about allocating more time for subjects you might not be as good at. Plan out when you're going to study, and specifically what subjects you're going to study when. Don't forget to include time for snack/youtube/read this blog breaks. This might seem like a bit of trek - but its worth it! Promise!

2. Learn how you learn
In order to study effectively, you've got to study the way you learn. Theres a whole bunch of quizzes you can do online that will tell you your learn, but this one comes up first on Google, so obviously its super professional! Check it out here, http://www.vark-learn.com/english/page.asp?p=questionnaire

The types of learning are visual, aural, reading/writing, and kinaesthetic. So obviously if you're a visual learner you want to be looking at diagrams, aural learners will learn from speaking things, reader/writers can write notes, and kinaesthetic have to get moving!

I'm a bit of all of them, but I learn best from writing, so I make notes for most of my subjects.

3.  Quiz yourself
I find that quizzing myself is one of the most effective ways to learn content. Get some little notecards, like the kind you use for palm cards. Write a question on one side, and the answer on the other side. Borrow a family member and get them to quiz you, or just quiz yourself. It's a really good way to check how well you know your content, and an even better way to learn the content you don't know!

4. Take exercise breaks
Can I just put it out there - focussing for a long time is very very hard. So hard. It's so important to break it up. I normally study for around an hour on a subject, then take a 10 to 15 minute break. I'll be honest, in that 10 to 15 minutes all I want to do is hang out on Instagram. From experience, its so much better to drag yourself out of that desk chair! Get moving! I love to bring out my hula hoop, do some star jumps, or even stretching and yoga. That little bit of physical activity will help you focus on your study when you get back to it.

5. Eat Lo Gi
Lo Gi foods have a really slow release of energy, so they will keep you going for longer. These foods should be your go to foods on the days you have your exams, as they won't leave you with that dazed hungry feeling. Some examples of Lo Gi foods are oats, grain breads, peas, corn, carrot, mushroom, tomatoes, lettuce, nuts, chocolate, apples, strawberries, oranges, milk and yoghurt. Get creative and cook up some delicious lo gi food!

There are my study tips! I hope they've been helpful for you. I wish you all the best of luck in your exams, remember not to stress out. Be well prepared, and walk into that exam room with your head held high. Sadly, you won't be hearing from me next Tuesday as I'll be buried to deep into the exam hole to dig myself out and write this blog. But no worries because I am so so so excited for what is coming, and you should be too. Lastly, DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY BY FOLLOWING ON BLOGLOVIN AND INSTAGRAM! COMP IS DRAWN 3RD OF NOVEMBER X



2 comments:

  1. I always quiz myself when im preparing for exams such a good way for me to revise x
    Jess x
    New post up at // www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! OMG! Thank you so so much for this post! This was just what I needed!!!!!!!!!!! haha. You inspired me to write up a post about exams too:') BUT OMG! You are such a good writer! And these tips are just what I needed sweetie. I love you x

    ReplyDelete