21 Feb 2015

Room Tour // Part Two

Time for part two! Sorry this has been a little delayed, I've had a bit of a crazy (good) busy week. I think busy is becoming a normal part of my life now... Anyway, if you've seen the first part of this room tour, you'll know my room has a loft bed in it so with this I'll show ya'll the top bed/loft half and a few other bits and pieces.


So here's my whole loft! I picked up the yellow chevron bedspread at Urban Outfitters. Chevron is such an awesome pattern, and the colour is exactly what I was after. I've gotta admit though, loft beds are a pain in the butt to make...



Above my bed I have a string of 'polaroids'. Inverted commas there because it's pretty obvious they're not real. I had a phase where I really loved Polaroids, but I didn't have a Polaroid camera. Hence, the digital Polaroid was born. And printed. And hung up in my room. That was a while ago, but I left them there because hey - I like them! Most of these are the photos that are too weird to put up elsewhere. The photos of weird dresses we tried on for laughs, ugly selfies, and photos of my friends in cardboard cut outs. Good times!



On the wall next to my bed, I put up this cloud shelf which I also found at Urban Outfitters. I thought it was a bit of a cute joke for my loft bed to be in the clouds. Cuteness aside, it's pretty dang convenient. This shelf is home to some books I'm reading at the moment, my little alarm clock (from Salt&Pepper), my retainer, some pens and post it notes for those 4am ideas.



Just above my bed I have a little collection of post it notes. In the middle is my list of 2015 goals. Around the edges are quotes, verses and things I'm believing for at the moment. I've blurred out this picture because some things are private, but I still wanted to share this little corner of my room with you. I really love having this here because it's the first thing I see when I wake up, and it gives me direction for the day. 



On the wall to the left of my door is this light switch. It's really old, and ugly so recently I tried to salvage it with a bit of washi tape. This was another Pinterest inspired project. It was super easy too! All I did was cut the tape and put it over the light switch for an instant makeover.



To the left of my desk is this huge shelving unit. It's classic ikea furniture, very plain and simple. I had fun collecting things and decorating it. This is where I keep all my school books, reading books, and everything else really. Make up and hair products, camera equipment, chargers and all sorts of things.



This is possibly my favourite section of this shelf. I've stacked up all my issues of Yen, It by Alexa Chung and my film camera. So much blogging inspiration in a 30cm square!



So there is my room! I'm so glad I finally decided to share it with you! Let me know what you thought of my room tour in the comments. Also, what would you like to see here on Zola? I'm always open to new post ideas, so let me know. One last thing, be sure to follow Zola on Bloglovin' here so you don't miss a thing xo

No comments:

Post a Comment