28 Apr 2015

Sunshine








Savannah Wears
Jumper - All About Eve
Skirt - Markets
Shoes - Wittners

~ They sacrificed their futures so we could have ours. Our freedom, our blessed life, our very own sunshine.  ~

I took these photos over the weekend, prior to a fantastic day enjoying delightful chats with delightful peeps, cozy cafes, books and bathtubs. 

As you can tell by my rad choice of filter, I'm obsessing over this jumper from All About Eve. Can I just say how happy I am that turtlenecks are back? Having a warm neck and looking good doing it - priceless. The killer mustard colour is also making me feel the 70s chilled vibes. Don't know if I'm even in the right era, but just go with it.  I'd also like to point out that it is officially no longer warm enough to wear a skirt. I learnt that one the hard way. 

Australia also commemorated ANZAC Day over the weekend. I can't say I gave too much thought to 'ANZAC Day'. War just seems like such an adult issue, something that happened so long ago. I couldn't help but feel it was a bit irrelevant. We had a special assembly at school yesterday and something was said that really struck something with me. It was this: They sacrificed their futures so we could have ours. 

There were 8709 Australians that died during the Gallipoli campaign. Eight thousand. Seven hundred. And nine. So many lives, families, futures totally ripped apart. Doesn't it seem like a waste? That's what I always thought. 

But that made me think, what if they didn't? Where would we be? Maybe we wouldn't have this freedom. We wouldn't have the unique spirit of Australia, a country, somewhere to belong and live and thrive. Guys, we are just so blessed and most of the time we don't even notice it. We have so much, let's appreciate it. Let's take a hold of our futures and make something of ourselves. If not for anything else, but for the ANZACs and their families. Without them, who knows where we would be. 

 ~ Lest we forget ~

No comments:

Post a Comment